fwbackups 1.43.3 release candidate 3 has been released for download with numerous feature enhancements, bugfixes and security fixes:
- On Linux and OS X, the permissions of the fwbackups user directory are changed to prevent unauthorized access to stored passwords
- On Linux and OS X, backing up files will now show the backup progress as well as the name of the current file being backed up.
- Support for restore operations from remote folders (note: file permissions are not preserved)
- Fixed a problem that would cause backups to hang on Debian-based Linux distributions if the print a list of installed packages to a file option was enabled
- Fixed a problem where failing backup operations could cause fwbackups to hang on exit
- Fix a problem which caused one-time backups to fail in 1.43.3 release candidate 2
This version has been tested on all supported platforms and is considered more stable than the previous 1.43.2 release.
Upgrade instructions for Windows users
Please note that while the new fwbackups 1.43.3rc3 installer for Windows is smaller than the previous ones, it is no longer compatible with Python 2.5. Please remove Python 2.5 from your computer before installing the full version of 1.43.3rc3.